Marketing Services sits under the Vice-President International, Marketing & Communications and is UNSW’s central marketing group. We work to enhance the reputation and image of UNSW as a leading research intensive university through sustainable and innovative activities to attract the best students, staff and university partners.
Our main functions are undertaken by three different areas:
- Media planning and buying
- UNSW Switchboard, Chancellery reception and hospitality
Central web unit
- Central point for questions and advice for web and mobile projects.
- Web and mobile strategies with an emphasis on user experience and design, assessing the needs of your users and stakeholders then recommending the best solution.
- Advice on the strategic development of the University’s website
- Administration of key operational aspects of UNSW’s web environment.
Development or redevelopment of UNSW websites must be undertaken in consultation with the Central Web Unit. For more information, please refer to the CWU website.
- Brand management through promoting the correct and consistent use of the UNSW brand to maintain brand value and impact.
- Managing corporate marketing and advertising campaigns to support the strategic direction and raise the profile of the brand.
- Social media management utilising Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest and Instagram. (YouTube is managed by UNSWTV.)
- Search engine marketing & optimisation utilising various online marketing platforms including Google AdWords, Analytics and Search Console.
- Marketing consultancy to UNSW units without marketing staff or those wishing to integrate their activities with other university initiatives.
- Market research to assist UNSW to increase student quality, diversity and equity, improve the effectiveness of advertising, customer service and building ongoing relationships with alumni, industry and educational bodies.
- Graphic design
- Management of event promotion channels
- Convening the Uni-wide Marketing group to promote collaboration and consistency.
For information on studying marketing at UNSW please visit the UNSW Business School.